Getting married in Ohio? Well the “Buckeye State” offers more than just beautiful scenery for your wedding day photo backdrops. Check out some of these sites. Who knows there just might be a hidden gem in your hometown!
- Toledo Museum of Art – This location is very popular for weddings but try getting your pictures inside. The many halls and galleries offer art of all forms to compliment your sense of style and admission is free.
- The Frankiln Park Conservatory – This public botanical garden has two great exhibits that are thrilling for photos and for receptions. Both the Chihuly and Blooms and Butterflies exhibits are worth exploring some amazing photos.
- Fountain Square Cincinnati – The newly reopened Fountain Square in downtown Cincinnati is the new cultural center for the Queen City and is also close to all of the action downtown.
- Hocking Hills State Park – At this state park there are a multitude of caves that you can explore for some original wedding photos. Be prepared if you do go to this location. Scout out where you want your photos first and have some fabric cleaner incase your dress does get dirty.
- Kings Island Eiffel Tower – If you can’t get to Paris and you want to have a fun reception Kings Island is the place to be.
- Clifton Gorge – Is the photographic site for the adventurous Bride. This state nature preserve offers a chance to find the rare snow trillium along with spectacular waterfalls. It is located in Greene County close to better known John Bryan State Park.
- Cincinnati Observatory – This astronomical observatory is steeped in history and is a treasure in Cincinnati.
- Tallmadge Church – Located in Tallmadge, OH is a beautiful white church built in 1825. It is great place for pictures and is available for wedding ceremonies.
- Kelley’s Island – This island in Erie county offers breath taking coastal views and charm.
- Bryn Du Mansion – The federal styled mansion located in Granville, Ohio sits atop a forested hill overlooking a polo field and is an ideal site for wedding ceremonies and receptions.
If you haven’t already seen my first article Top 10 Places to Get Married in Ohio check this article out as it has more unique ceremony sites. Another Top 10 Places in Ohio to Get Married has even more suggestions for ceremony sites. Those of you getting married in Cincinnati check out – Top 10 Locations for Cincinnati, Ohio Weddings.
For anyone who is now engaged, check out my scavenger hunt, assassins style wedding game – Wedding Wars. There is a $75 gift certificate offered for the winner of the game. All rules can be viewed in my discussion forum under Wedding Wars Clues and Hits.